Laboratory diagnosis of pernicious anaemia:
Same as the laboratory diagnosis of megaloblastic anaemia plus the following:
1. Gastric juice analysis.
2. Presence of anti-parietal cell antibody in the serum.
3. Presence of anti-intrinsic factor antibody in the serum.
4. Serum gastrin level
5. Pertagastrin fast acholrhydria
Treatment of pernicious anaemia:
1. Intravenous vitamin B12 therapy
2. Symptomatic and supportive therapy
3. Follow up and early detection of carcinoma stomach
Reference : In the making of the above article the follwing books were used: